Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Cell Phone Tower

God is a beacon, always patiently, waiting on us to come to Him and find the peace only He can give. I was reminded of that traveling down FM 146 toward Bolivar peninsula on the way to Galveston. I could see in the distance a blinking light of a cell phone tower. It flashed as if to say, “Here …I ….am….waiting…. for… you to hear me.”

Are we listening for God as much as He is listening for us? Do we hear God as a voice crying in the wilderness? “Come all ye that are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me and I will give you rest.”

God, too, is always vigilant seeking where He may find us. Do we search for Him in the way He searches for us? Are we diligent when it comes to searching for truth, honor and obedience as much as He wants those things for us?

May we not let the cell phone tower beacon let us down. May we ever be ready to answer the call when it comes through as clear as a light in the night or as clear as a ring tone of the phone we listen for daily.

“The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.” (Isaiah 40:3 KJV)

.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lanelle~ This is a lovely site... and I agree. One tip for comments: change the setting to drop-down comments and allow anyone to comment. It's easier for people to post. This way (the one you're using now) leads bloggers on a frustrating wild-goose chase just to leave a comment. As a result, I'm commenting from my WP blog.

~laurie kolp

Deleted due to hackers... said...

Good job! I like the new look and the new blog name.

Jess said...

Very nice. I love it.

Jessica Ferguson said...

Nice, Lanell. Hope to read many, many more wonderful devotions.

Susan said...

Delighted to be following you.