Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Circles


Circles
"Did you ever see a lassy go this way and that way? Did you ever see a lassy go this way and that?" Remember that song from childhood? Think about it.

Sometimes we run in circles going from one thing to another trying to find satisfaction for our souls. Sometimes life takes us this way and that way until it finally dawns on us. "Why am I in such a hurry?" "Why am I going at full speed?" We go reeling back and forth, back and forth. Trying to make decisions on our own without consulting Jesus.

Jesus said, "Come unto me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for my yoke is easy and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-29 NIV

Jesus meant, if I place his yoke upon me, he will help me carry my burden. It will not be mine alone. Too many times I thought I could handle my problems alone, only to find God wants to be in the middle of your decisions.

There is an old saying, "don't walk behind me, I may not  lead, don't walk in front of me, I may not follow, walk beside me and be my friend." I sincerely believe Jesus wants to walk beside me and be my friend.

Thus I am reminded, I should not be a Lassie going this way and that,  but to look to Jesus to put my burdens to rest.

No comments: