Thursday, March 23, 2017

Be Not Afraid

A friend just told me she “doesn’t worry.” She must have a peace with God that surpasses all understanding.

I have worried my whole life about one thing or another. I’ve always believed in God but worry has taken a large part of my life. I’ve worried about my weight most of my life. (Like thinking about it can change things, right?) Maybe some of my thoughts could have changed, (like make up my mind to change bad eating habits.) Some times I have succeeded in getting things done without worrying about them.

I’ve worried about conversations the day after. Saying things to myself like: I could have told them this or that. We have probably all had conversations like that. There have been situations where I have gone over in my mind trying to change the outcome.

Just think about the things you could have accomplished if you didn’t worry about them. The clothes would get washed in a timely manor. We would get all the other chores done around the house. Things turn out just right without all the worry.

Melinda Martin in her “Musings of a Ministers Wife” says, “There are something like 80 + times scriptures in the context of ‘fear not,’ ‘Do not be afraid’, ‘do not fear,’ and
‘Be not afraid.’”

On the Internet site: kingjamesbibleonline.org the phrase, “be not afraid” is listed as being 26 times. And “fear not” is listed as 62 times. That’s a total of 88 times.

So, I tell myself “Get up off the couch and be active. Get the dishes done, wash the clothes and sweep the floor. Show God he gave me life to live abundantly, without all the worrying.”

2 Timothy 1:7 (KJV) “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power and of love and a sound mind.”


1 John 4:18  (KJV “There is not fear in love but perfect love casteth out fear.”

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Such an inspiration! I worry about college. I'm about to graduate and still have state boards. When I worry I feel confused and insecure. When I stop worrying I feel confident. Thanks Mom for your post!

Debbie Gail Stuart Smith said...

Good word. Thanks Mom!

Debbie Gail Stuart Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
NotesFromNellie said...

Your welcome! And good luck on your state boards.

NotesFromNellie said...

Your welcome! Your my no. one fan on my blog.